Thursday, May 12, 2016

MY FUTURE

MY FUTURE


When I was a kid, I always look up to fairy-tales like Cinderella, Snow White, Beauty, Pocahontas, Jasmine, Rapunzel and all. I always loved the concept of having a prince charming that will be your knight in shining armor. Someone that would protect you from evil witches and fight for you. A fairy-god mother who will be your back up in times you will need a friend, but it would always end there. It would always just a dream. Just a dream.


When I started to realize that those fairy-tales won't ever exist, I began to dream a family. I was 13 years old back then, I am seeing my future holding my baby's hand and the other one was my husband's hand. And my other imaginations were, having a picnic with my future family or even going together at the grocery store. I am one of those million people who is truly a hopeless romantic.

Years passed and here I am now, 20 years old. I didn't even recognized it was seven years ago and now, envisioning another picture of my future. Those were the good old days, that 13 years old hopeless romantic girl withered. 


My fancying future looks like this, 10 or 15 years from now: 

Get a doctorate degree and be proud of it. Apply a job, make it a career. Establish a good business for my whole wide family. Save more and more so that building house for my family won't be a great issue. A house far away from urban areas so that fresh air won't be that hard to find. I am bringing my family to one of the place I've ever dreamed of, Amsterdam. We will travel the world together so that my father and my mother will experience how great it is to travel in one place to another. Spend more time with my family then if, and only if, I will be ready, I would settle down then fabricate my own family. Meaning, it's my own choice now. 


Planning for your future sometimes is too mainstream, let it be spontaneous because we never know where our life ends. We may be too young but to dream big for our future never requires ages. Thus, it might be a good sign to foresee your future so that we can be ready anytime of the changes our life brings.








No comments:

Post a Comment